Appointments: proactive and well-directed
Our professors are the face of the university and shape the profile of education and research. Consequently, appointments play the most significant role for our future development. In order to recruit the best candidates, Ruhr University considers it a matter of course to treat our applicants with the utmost in transparency, fairness and respect.
The main pillars of our appointment policies are as follows:
- Strategic: Ruhr University thinks holistically. Priorities are founded upon the requirements of university strategy and academia, as well as on the financial realities in the short and the long term.
- Fair: Ruhr University creates incentives for the faculties to promote the careers of women in research. Our equal-opportunities appointment policies result in a continuous increase of the number of female employees in leading positions.
- Crossing boundaries: our appointment policies promote interdisciplinary exchange and increase the proportion of international professors at Ruhr University Bochum.
- Connected: drafting the text of the advertisement, compiling the appointment list, and awarding appointments: all individual steps and decisions in the approval and appointment process are systematically linked.
- Sustainable: Ruhr University creates the future. Therefore, the university pursues a proactively far-sighted appointment policy. In the bundled approval process, all vacancies foreseeable for the upcoming years are taken under consideration.